Houzz Kitchen Trends Study 2017: New Kitchens Lead to Healthier Lifestyles
Over the past few weeks, we have been looking at the Houzz Kitchen Trends Study 2017, picking out some key points which may be helpful and interesting for those of you looking to buy a new kitchen this year.
In this final article, we will look at what lifestyle benefits a new kitchen can bring.
According to the study of over 3,100 UK homeowners using Houzz who are planning or have recently completed a kitchen renovation project, more than a third of kitchen updaters report a healthier lifestyle post-renovation (35%).
Houzz found that 43% of those surveyed, cook more meals at home as a result of their kitchen upgrade, with nine in ten enjoying five or more home-cooked meals per week (91%). Other significant habit changes post-renovation include eating more fruit and vegetables (23%) and reducing the amount of takeaway and delivery meals, as a third said that they are ordering-in less (36%).
As mentioned in our first article, open-plan living continues to be in vogue, with 59% opening the space up to other rooms and 52% opening up to the outdoors. Nearly two thirds of kitchens also gain square footage during updates (63%).
With these larger spaces, homeowners are spending more time with their families (69%) and entertain more frequently (51%), all contributing towards positive lifestyle changes.
The below example by Hampshire Kitchens illustrates this perfectly. The large, light-filled room is the perfect space for socialising.
So, that concludes our run down of the Houzz Kitchen Trends Study 2017, and we hope it has given you lots of inspiration for your own kitchen renovation.
If you would like to discuss your ideas with a talented kitchen designer, please visit your nearest ALNO showroom.
Share this news:
- New ALNOSTAR DUR display for Bradburys of Exeter
- Devon Life Home Cook of the Year 2017 Demonstration Day
- Let The Sun Shine: New Summer Colours From ALNO Kitchens
- Fit Food launch at Bradburys of Exeter
- Sven-Hanson Britt Visits Bradburys of Exeter
- An Evening of Jazz and Delicious Food at The ALNO Store Weybridge
- The ALNO Store Bristol Announces Zip Tap Competition Winner
- New Dekton Makai Worktop for Bradburys of Exeter
- Meet Halcyon Interiors Beaconsfield at Henley Design Day
- Dekton Bookmatch Now On Display at The ALNO Store Bristol